Posts Tagged Ramlila
X. I don’t like Manish Tiwari of Congress. I thought that Anna, being an ex-army driver, can drive Manish Tiwari into the ground.
IX. I heard that this year there were going to be two Dussehras and in the first of these, which would be a live event, the new Rama, Anna that is, would be taking care of the new Ravana, Kasab that is.
VIII. I was told that from now onwards there would be this new supreme being for the country known as Lokpal whose word would be law. I went to have a look at this new supreme Lokpal, Kisan Baburao, whom people lovingly call Anna.
VII. I was told that there is this new belly-dancer in town, Anna Kejriwal, who will be giving free shows at the Ramlila grounds for two weeks, four times daily. Since I have never seen a belly dancer perform, I was curious.
VI. I heard that someone named Anna was conducting walk-in interviews at the Ramlila grounds for two weeks, starting on the 19th of August, for a variety of positions like truck drivers, cooks, driver’s assistant and flogger (a newly created position). I wanted to be considered for ‘flogger’, I think I’ll be good at it.
V. I seem to have read a poster somewhere which said ‘feast’. Now, you don’t want to pass up a ‘feast’ specially if it is one on the house. Only after I landed up I realized that the interim ‘e’ was a figment of my imagination and what was on here was actually a tele-evangelized ‘fast’.
IV. I saw some posters & banners proclaiming, ‘India is Anna, Anna is India’. I went to see how India actually looks like.
III. Some of my friends were going there to spend the better part of the day and it would have seemed quite boorish if I refused to go along, so I went.
II. My company’s HR was only granting ‘fasting leave’ to those who promised to furnish subsequently a certificate obtained from the Ramlila grounds, stating that they had attended & fasted also to force Mannu Sardarji to adopt the Jan Lokpal bill, no questions asked.
I. We heard from our associates that they had great ‘pickings’ working the crowds outside Tihar jail while Anna was inside. Given that Ramlila grounds is a much bigger venue and Anna is now outside, we thought we would have a real bonanza working the crowds and ‘picking pockets’ there.
- Parties back Anna’s right to dissent, but reject his main demand – The Hindu
- How the Govt. kept dialling the wrong numbers
- The Anna Monopoly
- A handy stage for small time TV actors and traders
- India’s Selective Rage Against Corruption
- Why I am not Anna Hazare
- Pickpockets have a field day outside Tihar
- Why Anna Hazare should not win this battle
- Spare us the Gandhian halo
- The Politics, Populism and Downsides of Surgical Strikes Against Cash Transactions
- The Turbocharged Masala Chai
- As an Asian Giant Departs the World, the Tributes and the Assessments of the Imprint He has Left Behind, Pour In.
- Stray thoughts and facts about Android, iOS and the Apple vs. Google Smartphone Faceoff
- Is There More To L’Affaire Khobragade Than Meets The Eye?
July 2018 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Bollywood, Celebrities, Security, Immigration
- Corruption in India
- Customer Service
- General Elections India 2014
- Narendra Modi
- Natural Disaster
- News and politics
- Prime Minister India
- Rahul Gandhi
- Social Comment
- Telecom Service Provider